Watch me grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Naps, Rolling, Shots, and No Sleep...Oh My!

Well this week has definitely been interesting in the Kothe household.  This weekend we transitioned to putting ourself to sleep for naps in our playpen and/or crib.  It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be since Ms. Linda has been making him do that at her house for a little over a week.  Sometimes I still want to run in, pick him up, and walk with him, but I'm learning how much more I can get done with him laying down doing it on his own!

Monday, Harper decided he could really roll by himself.  He only did it once or twice but you could tell he was excited.  Then by Tuesday he decided he was an expert and now that's all we do.  I lay him down on his mat in the living room on his back and he rolls to his tummy, to his back, to his tummy, to his back just constantly.  He really likes not being sedentary.  Now he just really wants to crawl.  The few stops he makes on his tummy, those legs get pulled underneath him, butt in the air and he really tries.  Look out world when he finally decides he can crawl!! 

Yesterday we had his four month check up (about a week late due to changing insurance from Dustin's new job).  Which as everyone knows....means more shots for my baby boy.  Amazingly enough, he did pretty good- definitely a few minutes of crying and screaming (can you say German attitude?!?! which I completely play on his daddy :) ) but all in all he did great yesterday.  He is now 16 pounds, 10 ounces and is 25 3/4 inches.  Apparently this month was his weight gain so I look for a height increase next month.  But running at 75th percentile in height and almost 90 in weight...I think I have a big boy on my hands!  We had to ask the doctor about his little tummy because we haven't had regular bowel movements the last two weeks (and before becoming a parent, I never thought talking about pooping schedules would be a normal thing- but we are definitely learning!).  So our solution is to start him on a little bit of fruit tomorrow.  I was planning on waiting until at least 5 months to add solids but if it makes his life better than that's what we will try! 

And the worst part of the week has been our sleeping patterns...or should I say lack thereof.  Poor baby isn't sleeping well and we are back to up every 2-3 hours, crying and screaming.  Not sure if it's the tummy, teeth, or something else, so we just keep an eye on it and Mommy is learning to go back and adjust to no sleep (but this time having to get up for work instead of staying home all day).  Hopefully we will get that all regulated soon- I hate that he doesn't get good sleep at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment