Watch me grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Beatin' the heat

It has been incredibly hot here during the days.  So in order to beat the 100 degree plus weather we have every day, I went and bought Harper a little pool to play in and some new toys.  Then we had to wait for the weekend to get here.

On Saturday while Dustin helped his dad haul hay, we went to Kerrville.  There we met Nannie and went grocery shopping where Harper had his first official shopping cart ride.  He did great until I picked up my last item then he decided he was tired of sitting there.  Thank goodness for baggers at HEB to help me unload the basket, bag our stuff, and unload things into the truck. 
Harper's First grocery cart experience
After getting back to Nannie's house and helping her cook food for Papa to take with him to work this week, we decided to hit the pool.  We set the pool up on the deck and dumped in the toys.  Harper absolutley loved playing in the pool and splashing around.  He stayed out there for about 45 minutes enjoying the warm afternoon and the shade on the deck.  And yes, he went naked because no one can see you up on the hill!  I thought he was so cute!!
Harper's Scooby Doo pool an new toys!
And here are just a few pictures from that morning. He was such a good boy playing around the house and then took a great nap in his crib. He looked so cute so I had to snap a few shots. 
Hi everyone!!
Napping...I love how cute it is when he sucks his thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment