Watch me grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Best Word in the English Language

Currently, the best word in the English language is "ahma"- or so I believe.

Last night Harper was finished eating his fruits and veggies, so I left him in his high chair and got up to throw away containers and put the spoons in the sink.  When I walked past him to get a wipe to clean up his face, he reached out for me and said "ahma, ahma, ahma".  Whether or not he truly meant Mama I will never know, but it was the best feeling in the entire world.  He did repeat the act later when he was ready to get out of his jumper.  So I like to think he was calling for me.

On another note, we went for Harper's six month check up on Wednesday.  He now weighs 18 pound, 9 ounces and is 26 3/4 inches.  A growing big boy!!  He did fabulous with his shots and is just thriving over all.

I do think I am spoiling him a bit as at his morning feeding, about 6 or 6:30 a.m., he has decided even though he wants to go back to sleep he doesn't want to be in his crib.  So he snuggles with me for about 5 minutes and then I sneak out and he gets to sleep all snuggled up in Mommy and Daddy's big bed.  He's just too cute to resist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment