Watch me grow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello Ms. Linda! First Day of Daycare

Mommy is still having trouble accepting the fact Harper is at daycare and not crying about it even while I sit and type this post.  Harper will go today and Thursday this week just to get a feel for it and see how he does.  I'm worried after he wouldn't take a bottle from my mom yesterday and I got two calls to get there NOW and feed him because he had resisted so long he was screaming and not settling down at all.  So you know, that really helped the fact I was sending him off today.  Next week starts full time as he turns 4 months old on Sunday.  The picture above was us this morning before leaving the house- such a big day (for Harper and for Mommy!)!!

In all honesty, Ms. Linda is fabulous and he really did seem to take to her already this morning.  She held him laying down at one point and he gave her a taste of his temper, so she got trained on that quickly before I even left.  There were only 2 other little ones there (a 1.5 year old and a 2 year old) today.  The 1.5 year old boy will not be coming back after this week and then it will be a 2 year old girl, a 1 year old girl, Harper and another 4 month old little boy named Gunnar.  So all in all, it's a great situation, I just worry about my baby. Here is the playroom- Linda is holding Harper and that is Kyle, the little boy who is leaving.

Mom went with me to give moral support (and Dackota since he had to spend the night with me last night as mom was at the hospital with my grandmother all night).  I won't lie, I did fabulous and acted very adult and in control inside but as soon as I walked out, I did cry (and yes Dustin will make fun of me for that for the rest of my life I'm sure :) ).  Here's hoping to a good day.  I will post tomorrow and update on how everything went. 

And here is Harper at breakfast before going to Linda's- can you tell he was just so worried??  He slept through me taking Dackota out to breakfast! I just had to post because he looked so sweet and peaceful sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment